A bobtail will last longer and allow you to keep delivering propane more safely when you and your drivers follow these key maintenance steps.
- Scrub-a-dub-dub - Wash that baby regularly! As a teenager I was out in the driveway washing my 88 Firebird religiously to make sure the paint was pristine and that rust didn't have time to form, make sure you're doing the same for your bobtail fleet! We recommend at least a weekly wash to keep corrosion to a minimum and that paint job looking good!
- Make sure to attend to scratches and dents as soon as possible. They can be the root of all evil especially for those of you living in the north east where they salt the roads all winter. Not to mention customers judge how your trucks look...who wants to buy propane from the company with a rusty looking, poorly maintained fleet, they might assume because you don't take care of your trucks that you won't take care of their needs.
- Inspect your trucks regularly - Your drivers are out there in all weather conditions on all types of roads from paved to dirt delivering to your customers.
- Your trucks PTO, pump, and hose real should be greased once a month.
- If you notice your meter moving slowly your strainer may need attention. Contact a qualified professional to have it checked.
- Make sure your Hydro & VK inspections are up to date.
Kurtz is in the midst of a busy time of year. We are working hard to get your truck out the door and welcome anyone in the market for a bobtail to contact us. If you're not looking to buy new we list used trucks so be on the look out. We are also equipped to do Hydro & VK inspections as well as repaint your truck or tank to help extend it's life.
Here at Kurtz we pride ourself on offering the best quality bobtail on the market at a competitive price. Kurtz built bobtail customers get a discount on all of their parts and service needs.
Wishing you a relaxing summer!